||Black Transmen Inc.® is the 1st National Non-Profit Organization of African American transmen solely focused on acknowledgment, social advocacy and empowering transmen with resources to aid in a healthy female to male transition. Black Transmen Inc. programs provide all female to male transmen and SLGBTQI individuals with necessary tools to secure identity and equality within our society regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sexual identity or sexual expression.
Black Transmen Inc Founder & National Executive Director Carter Brown
With an educational background in journalism and psychology, Brown is well practiced in researching and addressing issues directly. Recognition of the unnoticed and underserved needs of the transgender community compelled him to found Black Transmen, Inc., the first national non-profit organization that is providing resources, support and social advocacy to transgendered people to aid in their mental and physical health throughout transition. Brown encourages others to define themselves and redefine the social construct that constricts and represses so many people from loving and accepting themselves and each other.
Black Transmen, Inc. is the only organization with such a radical approach to wholly empower gender variant people by offering free public services in ten (10) different Outreach Divisions, including: Youth, Health, Financial, Education and Spiritual Outreach to name a few. His personal connection to the transgender community fused with his fiery advocacy work is both saving lives and raising eyebrows, nationwide.
Within BTMI’s first year of service, Brown audaciously lead and strategized the first ever Black transgender national conference, drawing hundreds of transgender men and women, their family friends, medical and government professionals and allies from all corners of the U.S. to the city of Dallas, TX. The Black Transmen Advocacy Conference benchmarked a movement created that is transforming transgender men and women into catalysts for social, economical, political change.
Brown and the organization continue to work in alliance with several other leading organizations, schools, churches and media outlets including Lambda Legal, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, AIDS Arms, Texas Transgender Education Network, Dallas Voice, National Black Justice Coalition to name a few. Brown has established Black Transmen Inc. to be the indispensible resource for all issues facing the transgender community. Prior to his role as President of his thriving non-profit organization, Brown held a professional career in Real Estate and Mortgage Banking for over 10 years, where he perfected his business experience. During that time, he also co-created one of the few Black-owned local beauty supply stores, Hair Peace, which was has been the seed planted for what his entrepreneurial efforts have now blossomed into formation. He actively leads a host of over 35 board, staff and volunteer members of his organization, currently building state chapters in over 9 U.S. States, pioneering others by example to “Become The Change You Want To See In The World”.
Carter Brown is available for speaking engagements on multiple topics relevant to all Black Transmen, Inc.’s advocacy and outreach divisions. Conversation topics include, but are not limited to:
General discussions such as:
• Anti-Bullying – An in depth look into the leading cause of suicide and homicide of transgender people. Are you really a bully, too?
• Trans Health Disparities – A discussion of health concerns of the trans community from HIV to bearing children and sexual reassignment surgeries.
• Trans. Gender & Sexuality – An explanatory discussion of the differentiation between gender and sexuality and the multiple sexual identities within the trans community.
• Trans 101 – A basic overview of transgender identity to provide sensitivity training to health, and education professionals. Utilizing proper pronouns and asking appropriate questions to meet the service needs of transgender people.
Controversial conversations such as:
• Masculinity & Black Transmen: The (R)Evolution – A highly charged and opinionated conversation of why we believe Black transmen are the evolution of the modern image of Black men in America. Black transmen are redefining revolutionizing the idea of Black masculinity to rebuild the African American community.
• Out of Sight, Out of Mind – A discussion based topic on the importance of transgender men and women to be more visible for the trans community, we should not feel we have to compromise chances of equality over visibility.
• Why the name Black Transmen? – It’s commonly stated that the name “Black Transmen” implies exclusivity and is often negatively received in initial context. We address the important social and cultural differences that are a factor of transitioning as a person of color.
• HBCU (Hate Breeding Colleges and Universities) – A discussion of the prominent discrimination and harassment condoned and inflicted on transgender students by fellow students and staff of Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Public Speaking Request.
If you are interested in having Black Transmen Inc Executive Director, Carter Brown to appear or speak at your next event or to your professional or civic group, please complete the speaker request below and a member from BTMI will get respond to you quickly.
The fee for Mr Brown to speak and required travel is to be accommodated by event host. Request received 6-8 weeks in advance will be prioritized first. http://blacktrans.org/request-public-speaker.html
Your Help. Donate To The Presidents Fund.
The President's fund is created to provide financial support to its executive director for communication initiatives, chapter outreach, travel expenses, special events, and other costs related to these activities. Your gift to the Black Transmen Inc - Presidents Fund helps to retain its key leadership personnel, gives the organization president the capacity to launch special initiatives, to meet pressing needs as they arise, and to capitalize on emerging opportunities to strengthen Black Transmen Inc programs. Please make your donation today! Click the donate button below to help support BTMI leadership with our National Executive Director Mr Carter Brown.
Black Transmen Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization. All donations are used 100% to support Black Transmen Inc. Advocacy Initiatives.